Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Calling All Democrats!

So let me preface this post with saying this: I hate discussing politics. For me, it always turns into an argument, and it always ends up finding its way back to religion. I do not want to discuss my religious views on this blog unless out of necessity, so I will just let you know that I am a Republican, and therefore, pretty conservative (yeah I know, what kind of college student is conservative?). The point is, I in no way want to step on anybodies toes, and I am not trying to start an argument. I just feel that as a college student who understands a little bit about the U.S. Government (I did get a passing grade on my AP test as a Junior in High School), that I need to offer some help to the voters of the upcoming election.

As it stands, we now have a chosen representative of the GOP and Democratic Parties in John McCain and Barack Obama, respectively. With Obama just recently wrapping up the nomination, many are complaining that Hillary will not be President, and that McCain is better than Obama. Now, I don't know which current Senator is the better candidate, but I do know one thing regarding the Obama Haters/Hillary Lovers...

Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, though having different approaches, had similar views. This is what frustrates me:

I have heard countless whiners and complainers saying that it is an outrage that Obama beat Hillary and that they will now vote for John McCain. THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!

If you want to vote for someone, you should want to vote for them because they have the same values and morals as you do, not because you like one person or the other. This is not American Idol. If you screw up the election, you don't get to just change the radio station and hear another artist. You are stuck with the same guy for 4 (maybe even 8) years.

This is why the whole racism/feminism thing is so hilarious. I will handle both of these separately:

Racists: You don't deserve a vote anyways, so just be thankful that you get one. If you are pro-life, against gay marriage (I should note that all of the 'big-3' candidates are against gay marriage), don't want to spend government money on anything excessive, want to continue fighting in Iraq, and want to limit higher taxes, then go ahead, vote for McCain. But if the reason you will be voting Republican this fall is because you hate blacks...well, go to hell. Seriously, I don't want you scumming up our election.

Feminists: Same as above, if you are pro-life (I think that right there should be all I need to really question), don't want to spend government money, etc. etc., then by all means vote for McCain. But then drop your feminist act. If you were going to vote for Hillary because she was a woman of power that had all the same values as you do, but now are not voting for Obama because he happens to have a Y chromosome...then please just re-evaluate your life.

Here's something I learned in my 21 years: The President doesn't do everything. They have a Cabinet. They have speech writers. They have Advisors. They pick people that are in agreement with their morals, values, and have the same views on the progression of our great country, not by their race, creed, color, or gender. If you can't vote for Obama because he isn't Hillary, fine. Just make sure you aren't voting for McCain because he ISN'T Obama.

This is not a post about how I think you should vote for Obama. I don't know who I will be voting for. I can tell you this much, however; I will be voting for the candidate whose views most resemble mine.

So think twice, Americans, because you really do have an opportunity for change. But it rests on what we do this November. Vote because you know what you want, and if you don't know, stay home (yes, I am saying you should not vote if you don't know who the better candidate is). It is better to not help either candidate, then it is to help one for the wrong reasons.




p.s. If Obama decides HRC is the best VP candidate, he is out of his mind, and then you should forget everything I just wrote and vote for McCain.

2 comments:

Chucky said...

WOW, ARE YOU SURE YOUR A REPUBLICAN? YOU DON'T SOUND AT ALL LIKE A TYPICAL REPUBLICAN! I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I'M A DEMOCRAT THAT SUPPORTED RON PAUL, WHO'LL FIGURE! YOUR RIGHT, IF PEOPLE CAN'T TAKE THE ELECTION SERIOUS ENOUGH TO VOTE BASED ON THE ISSUE'S AND THE TRACK RECORDS OF THE CANDIDATES, THEN DON'T VOTE! AGAIN YOUR RIGHT ON THE MONEY, THIS IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST, IT IS THE DIRECTION THIS COUNTRY WILL TAKE FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS!

GREAT BLOG!

CHUCKY AND MARC

http://chuckysblogspot2.blogspot.com/

Chatalie said...

I love the post. I reviewed your site on Link Referral, BTW.

You have said exactly what I've been trying to drum into people's head. And the president isn't GOD for Heaven's sake. This is a democracy he doesn't have all of the power. But the so called pro choice feminists who are going to let McCain fill a supreme court seat are INSANE!