Saturday, June 7, 2008

Thursday

Guess how tired I was this morning?

It wasn't just the fact that I had witnessed one of the best basketball games of my life, which so happened to end about an hour after my new, working world bedtime. It wasn't the fact that I have to wake up at 5:30 AM to get ready for work.

The reason I was so tired was the absolute draining of all emotion I experienced from the combination of the eventful (to say the least) Red Sox game and the unbelievable spectacle that was Paul Pierce making me go from entirely deflated to incredibly pumped up in a matter of a couple NBA minutes (like 15 minutes NHT (Normal Human Time)).

I don't want to really go into too much detail about either of these situations, as I know that every person and their sister have an opinion they want to discuss, so I will just leave you with a few thoughts.

1) Paul Pierce, whether the media wants to admit it or not, is 100x more the heart of the Celtics than KG. I love KG...but we could play without him. Losing Paul Pierce would be beyond devastating.

2) Paul Pierce did NOT fake the injury. I have watched The Truth play for quite awhile now, and I can tell you that he is not one to wuss out and fake an injury just because he wants a call or something. Paul Pierce was in pain (I thought I heard him say something like "Why me, why?" when he was on the ground), and if you watch the replay, it definitely didn't look like a fun twist of the knee.

3) As much as I hated the 3 day layoff in between games, I now love it. As a Celtics fan, I can only imagine how difficult it would have been for Pierce and Perkins to have come back with only one day of rest. So thank you NBA Scheduling Director, whoever you are.

4) I understand Kobe doesn't want the Celtics to feel like they accomplished something by playing solid D against him, but give credit where credit is due. You missed shots because you were double teamed or had a hand in your face. Don't tempt the Celtics.

As for the Red Sox...

1) The suspensions were fair with the exception of 1. Jon Lester. I mean, you give the guy 5 games (1 start) when he didn't have a part in the altercation, then only give Shields 6? 6 games for a pitcher is STILL only 1 start. What is the point even?

2) How stupid were the Rays?

3) I love how Coco almost tempted the Rays to come back at him again in the future with his beautiful interview after the game.

watch here



Before I call it a night, here are some interesting links in the world of entertainment:

You loved Superbad...now the writers are going to get a bit more cartoonish

Not a bad year or so for an ex-stripper....

First of all...How does something like this even start? Second, thank God it isn't...

--

I'm off for now...I will post something interesting tomorrow. I will be busy so I will have things to talk about (going to the track again as well). Have a good one.

Ryan

1 comments:

Politi Gal said...

I'm hypnotized by NBA finals too! I'm a Red Sox/Celtics fan too...though in football I gotta go with the beleaguered redskins. The 2008 NBA finals are shaping up to be one kick-ass classic series!