Sunday, May 25, 2008

Celtics Get Some Away From Home

I have said in the past that if a team cannot win a game on the road in the playoffs, they don't deserve to advance. The Celtics finally decided to play like the regular season team with the best road record, and put all the critics to rest as they defeated the Detroit Pistons 94-80. Despite a few late runs by the Pistons, the Celtics were able to calm the storm and hold on for a 14 point win.

I love how despite it being a 14-point win, it still feels like they only won by 4 or 5...

That's what it is like to be C's fan this postseason. It took 17 games for a road win, and it felt like a lifetime (or 2006-2007).

As for the Western Conference Championship...

EVERYTHING is going LA's way.

Kobe Bryant is absolutely manhandling the Spurs, and will continue to do so during this series.

I wouldn't be surprised, nay, I expect to only see a 4 or 5 game series...this thing is NOT going 6.





Two more notes before I sign off:

1) Jamele Hill is a very respected columnist for ESPN.com, but completely whiffed at this one.
Hill: The dream matchup

2) I live in the Chicago area, and although I am not a fan of Chicago teams, I still read a lot about them. This article right here did not surprise me AT ALL. Joakim Noah

I guess we now know exactly what he was talking about...



0 comments: