Saturday, May 31, 2008

How the NBA Wanted It.

I would say it's not much of a surprise that the Celtics and Lakers will be squaring off in the NBA Finals starting Thursday. First of all, both of these teams were the best teams in their conference. This is the ultimate reason they both made the finals. However, it came a little easier for the Lakers than it did for the Celtics.

It seemed like every game in the WCF, once the third quarter started to come to a close, everything would work in favor of the Lakers....the rolls, the refs, etc...

Let's be honest...did Derek Fischer commit a foul in game 4? YES.

Did Paul Pierce commit that offensive foul last night? NO EFFING WAY.

Despite the bogus call going against the Celtics, in what should have resulted in a potential 4-point play, the Cs did exactly what I couldn't do. They kept their cool.

Down 10 in the 4th, they kept fighting, allowing only 13 points in the 4th, and beating both the Pistons, and the WWE Refs.

If I am David Stern, I am getting out of this league as fast as possible, because even though the dream matchup is in effect, and television ratings will be through the roof, it only means more people watching the NBA referrees botching more calls than their Pro Wrestling counterparts. I don't know which way the calls will sway, but lets be realistic and say that the Celtics haven't exactly had much help this postseason, and probably will not in the Finals.

Regardless, WHAT A WIN. Beat LA.

I'm off to the horse track in a few minutes. I went for my first time on Thursday afternoon (gotta love corporate sponsored boozing and gambling). After winning my first ever bet on the horses (a $2 exacta on a 1-4 and a 10:1 paying off $14), I became absolutely hooked. I'm going with my dad and my grandfather, and I am determined to come out in the positive.

To those of you who have been waiting for some entertainment news...well, so have I. I promise that with the Celtics not playing until Thursday, I will have other stuff to write about. I might do a couple CD or Movie reviews, or do something similar to what is on Popcandy.Usatoday.com with a bunch of interesting links I am viewing (you can also see some by checking out my Digg page). Once again, don't forget to add me on Twitter and get updates from me when I am not able to post here.

Let's win some money.

0 comments: