Saturday, May 24, 2008

This Blog is Going to be - Wait for it...

Legend.....ary!

Good evening and welcome to The Legendary Blog (no one had this title or url...go figure...I think it is the only url left on blogger). I would first like to thank Barney Stinson (NPH) and the 'How I Met Your Mother' writers for my little intro.

So here is the deal.

I've had multiple blogs in the past, including murrdogg4.blogspot.com and boxscorebanter.blogspot.com (now boxscorebanter.com). Though I no longer work on those (My first blog was tough to maintain...the 2nd one...well...long story.), I am incredibly excited to start this new blog up. And here is the best part.

This goes way beyond a blog!

As much as I like writing about things, I enjoy talking about them even more. Later this week I will be posting the first podcast from The Legendary Blog, complete with everything we discuss on the blog, but with sound!

So what do we discuss?

We (just me for now) discuss a lot. I have a wide range of interests and will try to talk about it all. Expect to hear a little about sports, television, music, and some other interesting things that I might come across.





Right now I am heading off to California Pizza Kitchen (CPK for the hipsters out there) where I will bid a few friends adieu as they start their summer jobs in other locations across America. I would like to note that they are the only reason I am going there, as it is probably my least favorite restaurant. Not only do they not have REAL pizza (I'm not from NY so I'm not a psycho about my pizza, and I hate Chicago Style so I really have no bias), but they try to play it off like they do. Then you have to spend 10 minutes explaining to the waiter/waitress what you want on your pizza. Why can't I just say "I would like a normal human pizza. Similar to the ones that were consumed in Italy and Greece a long time ago. All that requires is dough, cheese, and tomato sauce. Thank you"? I suppose I could, but I try to be polite...I was raised that way.

Anyways, I'm going to be ordering some sort of pasta dish while my friends and the CPK staff will all be eyeballing me thinking "Who does this guy think he is? No one has ordered pasta here in weeks." So if anyone here hates CPK pizza and eats the pasta there, let me know so I don't feel so out of the loop. Also, do they even have alcohol there? That can make or break a meal for me (I am not an alcoholic).

On another note, the Boston Celtics square off against the Detroit Pistons at the Palace in the Michigan Ghetto (sorry Detroit fans....your city is gross). With the series even at 1-1, the Celtics need to win a road playoff game for the first time this postseason in order to advance. All I can say is, if you can't win a road playoff game ONCE (!!) you shouldn't be moving on anyways.

I will probably write about the game tomorrow, which means (gasp!) you will get posts 2 days in a row!

Now that it has reached the point in time that I have to get into my car, go to the bank, remove money from the bank, then go to CPK and eat pasta (if someone wants to stalk me...I just gave you directions), I must stop writing. I will be back tomorrow, and will be working on a podcast soon. Until then, I leave you with this.




- Ryan

p.s. Check out my links in the link bar to the right. Also make sure to friend me on twitter as I will be posting from there often (available on the right column of this blog).

0 comments: