Sunday, May 25, 2008

Winner Winner. Chicken Dinner.

So California Pizza Kitchen DOES serve Beer. That was a relief. The only thing that I really think I like about CPK is that I know exactly what I'm going to get every time. I don't have to look at the menu really. I just go to the 10 or so Pastas they have and choose between the Kung Pao Spaghetti or the Tequila Lime Fettuccine (I got Kung Pao Spaghetti with some Goose Island 312...which was pretty tasty).

Nothing interesting really happened last night. Two of my friends wanted to play chess, badly. We have an ice cream store around here called Oberweis, which resembles one of those zappers that attracts mosquitoes. If you could imagine the lighting section at Home Depot, but with all of those lights being fluorescent, you would understand the attraction to Oberweis. Basically, you drive down the highway, and are blinded by this incredible amount of lights, and you have no choice but to walk in and see what is going on.
Here's the thing about the lighting though...their energy bills must be through the roof. That explains why it is over $3 for a lousy single scoop of their "super-premium" ice cream. I mean, I understand Super-Premium gasoline. But I'm pretty sure that super-premium ice cream has ZERO beneficial effects on a person. If anything, it probably makes the consumer more gassy than usual (I see the connection now).

But back to my chess story...

Oberweis has a few tables with chess/checkers boards. Even though they are always losing the pieces due to petty theft, there is always enough for probably one game of chess. We walk into the "Mosquito Zapper", and see the chess board...then see 3 kids (probably 8-10 years old) hogging the board and playing with the pieces like they are action figures. After 15 minutes of sitting there watching these kids, my friend had enough of it. This 21 year old guy walks up to these kids and asks them if they could let him use the chess board since they were obviously not playing real chess. Then one of the parents looks at my friend and practically rips him apart for intimidating little kids.

Long story short...my friend felt bad, so he gave the parents his receipt from the ice cream he bought, which had a coupon on it for a free extra scoop of their "super-premium" ice cream.

Anyways, next time I go out, I'll take a picture of the place so everyone can see how ridiculous it actually is.

Before I sign out...make sure you follow me/add me as a friend on twitter for more insights from myself, as well as friend me on Digg to see some of the things I might talk about in the future.

Peace,
Ryan

0 comments: