Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My School won a National Championship...

and I still went to bed upset.

First off, a big congrats to Syracuse on their 10th Lacrosse National Championship! As a 'Cuse fan, I am excited that we will not have to remove the lacrosse banner in the Carrier Dome that says we have the most championships ever. That would have been depressing....like an anti-retirement of a number.

Speaking of anti-retiring (is there a better way to say this??), I really wish Roger Clemens had retired a few years ago and some team jumped to be the first to retire his number, then all these allegations came out, and the team decided to un-retire (better?) his number... This probably would never happen, but I am hoping that it does eventually (and not the un-retiring of a number like Michael Jordan...I want something to happen where an athlete actually does something so bad that his former team is too embarrassed to have his number retired).

And I'm ranting.

It is days like this where I just want to fall asleep at 7:00.

When you are at work at 7:30 and do nothing all day because you are in training, the day just snails along. Throw in the 1 hr. plus commute due to traffic (idiot drivers), and you have yourself one long, monotonous, frustrating day...

Then we throw in the Celtics...

I posted on my Twitter last night that watching Big Baby and Sam 'Yoda' Cassell on the floor together was like watching a bunch of little kids playing Y ball. The only problem was that Mr. Doc Rivers, Not Ph.D must have been trying to make up for all of his son's Y ball games that he missed when he was on the road, because he just didn't stop playing these guys! The only thing these guys have going for them is that every single time they make an average play, the fans go nuts because it is so unexpected. Davis made a lay up at one point (practically uncontested), and I found myself jumping out of my seat and screaming how excited I was (then he blew a defensive assignment and I just sat there like I expected it).

I can't figure out why Doc always brings the scrubs out to start quarters after we have rallied back at the end of the quarter. We have the momentum with our big guys...why don't we try and keep it?

I can't really blame everything on Doc. I think he is a nice guy, and a DECENT coach. His players don't complain about him, and the media loves him. Overall, the reason we lost last night was because we couldn't shoot. Ray Allen apparrently started sharing his water bottle during practice, and the whole team caught the cold (as ice).

But it is still an even series, and we have home court advantage.

I'm off to get food, then probably a few drinks at the bar...$10 buckets of Rolling Rock is decent when you are off of a college campus.

In the meantime, friend/follow me on Twitter for more updates.

Peace

Ryan

0 comments: